About Me

My photo
I LOVE scrap'n, craft'n and bake'n!!! I try all sorts of different tricks and I am a big fan of LOTS of color :) I bake and craft for my husband who has a love hate relationship with my baking and I bake for our wonderful Mini Church that happens every Wednesday. It's a great way to start our night and to gear us up to dig into the Word of God. I take different ideas that I see all around the world and combine them to make my own fun new project. I also have some great originals :] It's so amazing to see how creative people are and I love a good challenge. I have aprons & picture boards on my website www.DeLo-Designs.com and on Facebook, search for DeLo Designs. "Sassy Cakes" is our baking company, we have a Facebook page up with a lot of our creations listed on the site. Please check us out and "like" us :] Thank you and enjoy the site!!!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Snickerdoodle Blondies

OK so tonight is Mini Church night which means it's time for Jesus and snacks. I babysat last night so I got home pretty late. As I was staring at the baby monitor I was trying to think of something that had few ingredients and was simple to make. Then it just came to me, litterally. I had gotten and email update from a blog I follow, Ryan's Baking Blog, with the perfect snack, Snickerdoodle Blondies! They were SO easy and SO delicious! I could of got away with saying they were hard to make because they were that good! lol! 

OK so here's what you'll need...

Ingredients:
2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups light brown sugar, packed
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon



Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9×13-inch baking pan (or use a nonstick cooking spray).

In a medium bowl, sift and whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Beat in vanilla.

Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture, beating until just combined. Give a final stir with a rubber spatula to ensure any crumbly bits on the bottom of the bowl are incorporated.

Spread dough into an even layer in the baking pan. I took Tracey’s advice and used my hands with a piece of plastic wrap in between them and the dough so nothing would stick.

In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Transfer pan to a wire rack and allow blondies to cool completely before cutting.

They will keep well for a few days at room temperature in the pan covered with aluminum foil.

I hope you all enjoy them as much as I did!!

Mrs. DeLo

9 comments:

  1. I had to stop myself from licking the screen! And I just love that spatula...I must have one, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were sooooo good. Mmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were sooooooooooo delish!!! You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I think that I may have gained a pound by staring at the screen. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so yummy! Momo sent me, glad she did...have to try this one day!

    Arlene.
    http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much everyone!!! These are one of my favorites because they were delish and oh so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come on by Coley's Craft Corner to pick up your Blog Award :D

    ReplyDelete